Having a vegetable patch in your garden is something healthy and fun but keeping it up to date and managing it, so that there are no pests attacking your vegetables, is something that you might find hard to do.
It won’t be much of a task if you have the Lawn Mowing Franston services at your disposal, because all you have to do is to call them and they would not only maintain your lawn but they could also deliver some handy tips for controlling the attacking pests.
When it comes to the insects or bugs visiting your garden, you need not to worry for them all because there are only 10% of the insects that can really harm your vegetable patch, the rest of the 90% are harmless and you do not have to take any measures for them.
When we talk about the attacking pests, we see that the best defense is the strong offence. So if your garden is ready to battle the incoming pests, you might not have to do anything at all to the attacking enemies. But what should you do for it?
- Well, you need to get acknowledged of the pests that usually attack the vegetable patches of your area and to get this information, you can visit the county office or Lawn Mowing Franston to meet the experts and know all you need to learn about the pest issues of your area.
- Now that you can identify the harmful pests from the beneficial insects, the next step is to provide home to the later ones. You need to plant the variety of such plants that attract the beneficial insects and make you get peaceful. There are so many benefits of these insects that you would be delighted to give them a home. Or you could purchase these beneficial insects and release them in your garden so that they could live here.
- You can make use of the variety of row covers that are available in the market, to tightly cover the rows of plants and then keep them away from the harmful pests.
- The pests are most likely to hide and feed under the weeds. So make sure that you are pulling the weeds out from time to time in order to keep the pests away.
- You have to keep a vigilant eye on your garden in order to check the pests. If you see any beetles or tomato hornworms, you have to get in action. Pick them up with your hands and put them in a bucket that has soapy water.
- Make use of high pressure water to clean the leaves where the spider mites are hiding. You would find most of the pests, hiding on the lower side of the leaves.
- Use collars made from empty tins and cans to cover the stems of the plants in your garden. This would prevent the pests from crawling on the plant.